FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vegetarian Meals Running Out In Y!!!
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:50 am
CommittedLurker

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
The OP is correct.

I travel on this sector frequently in J, but I have heard the announcements every time, that pax who ordered special meals (Ind Veg) in the main cabin will be served along with everyone else, as a standard menu option.

I was not aware, however, that they always run out of meals though.

It is pathetic that EK FA's can't keep a small print out on their catering carts with names and seat #'s of all pax that have preordered the meal. They should get theirs guaranteed, regardless of where they sit.

On SQ flights to/from India, they always keep extra Meals on board, but make sure the pax that preordered get theirs. Usually, they bring them out in advance.

Feel free to contact EK Customer Service. The max he will get is a worthless apology. Nothing else will change, and EK will continue with their stupid policy on board. They don't address catering complaints in J, so I know they won't even bother with Y pax.

I know so many Indians living in N. California who, for years now have been traveling on EK Y for business/personal trips to India, have now switched to SQ at a 10-15% higher cost, due to catering/service issues on EK.