FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Veterans Advantage? hoax?
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2012, 8:22 am
hdtv4me

Originally Posted by TechMarauder
It's not a hoax. I have it and have used it many times for 5% off Continental Tickets. I didn't think Delta was a partner.

There is no voucher or form. All you have to do is enter in your unique travel id in the promotion field and it takes 5% off.
Absolutely correct. I used it when I flew Continental (when they were still Skyteam) and all I did was enter my code. I stopped though because the rental car discounts aren't that great and other than a very nice Boston Market discount (present your card at register and they take 20% off) the overall value isn't really there for me anymore. The benefits never really improve - its been the same thing in their email spam forever now. Dell discount. Apple discount (on select stuff). And Continental - never any other airlines in the 5 years that I had it. So I let my membership lapse. But it IS real - not hoax.

Only other minor gripe was that apparently anybody can sign up. They never asked to see my DD214. So in theory if you want to pretend you are a vet and sign up, you can.