FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Easiest Way to Get Comped Rooms in Atlantic City?
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:33 pm
sherry126

Originally Posted by Rocky2
Which poker room in AC right now is it easiest to get comped rooms?

I use to get comped rooms back few years ago at the Taj and Caesars AC but this occurred when I played $25 Blackjack minimum. Most of the time I just bet $25 but I played a lot and also lost a good amount as well.

Someone mentioned Harrahs is very easy to get comps even if you play something as simple as 1/2NL. Is this true? What I find confusing about this is since Harrahs is under the same brand as ShowBoat, Ballys and Caesars, wouldn't playing at Harrahs poker room be the same as the other 3 rooms?

When I was in Las Vegas, I did play table games and lost a good amount. As that happened, my total rewards card showed I had lot of comped rooms in Las Vegas obviously inviting me to come and stay which I will. However, I have zero comps with my total reward card for Atlantic City. Can someone explain this?

I know the Taj offered 2 comped rooms a week for me back then. Is that still the case for you guys who get comped rooms? I don't care for fridays/saturdays since I know its very hard to get those rooms. I just want the standard Sunday-Thursday but don't get it much anymore. And if I'm not mistaken, when I got a comped room at Caesars or ShowBoat, it was once a week from the top of my memory. Can someone here confirm if you get comped rooms only get 1 room a week?

Does anyone also know about borgata? I read its 2 comped rooms a week if you play enough? In terms of poker, would 1/2NL be sufficient or does it have to be 2/5NL? What about limit? And if 1/2NL is sufficient, how many hours would you say it would take for a person to get comped rooms? Would doing say 7 hours a day for 2 days in a row be enough? To those who get comped rooms at Borgata, how many hours of poker play did it take to get rooms? And if so, how long do these offers take to show up? I read some say it takes weeks? The funny thing is when i got room offers at the Taj and from Caesars/Showboat, this was probably a few days after I lost a good amount. Is it weeks now then? Or is it possible to get it within a few days after logging lot of hours?

I also though about playing $25 Blackjack at the tables and doing it so I can get comped rooms, but this would be not smart as the longer you stay, the more you would lose. So even when I did have comped rooms, I already paid them with my losses. Just wondering which poker room in AC is good for getting comped rooms.

I also don't plan to play any slots/video poker nor table games. Is it possible to get comped rooms just for poker? I heard borgata and harrahs was very easy but again I thought something didn't sound right as harrahs is same as caesars, showboat and ballys. Would someone like to explain this.

Thanks for your help.
My experience with harrahs is that you do much better calling them than if you just use on line offers. I play slots but i am far from a high roller and I have always done better on the phone with them.
Borgata, well, I have no idea about how it works. doesn't hurt to ask