FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Double Miles Promo - May 2012
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 12, 1:44 am
father_ted

Programs: EK, BA, TK
Originally Posted by B747-437B View Post
You're very much the exception then. I can't even recall the last time I bought a business travel ticket more than a week before the trip. Indeed most tickets are bought on the day of departure.
I'm sure it varies by industry and by job function - those attending tradeshows and conventions have their dates months in advance, for example. I also know a few importers who purchase longhaul flights for purchasing visits in advance to get better pricing.

Equally well there are those in reactive or 'firefighting' type roles, and when they need to be the other side of the world the only consideration is who will get them there fastest.

To me, the sign of EK's aim at the leisure market was the sales over the Christmas period, advertised directly to end-users via Skywards mailings.

Mileage promotions surely appeal somewhat to the corporate traveler who doesn't care about pricing, but might apply a little more influence to get his tradeshow travel ticketed on EK in February.

Also, from the T&C of this promo - does double base miles mean just that, or does one gain double class-of-service bonus also? Double mileage accelerator would be probably too much to ask for...