FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion: Change Talkboard Voting Proccess
Old Feb 16, 2012, 4:55 pm
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by nsx
goalie and others favoring a quiet period, here's the problem:

Sometimes TB members don't focus on an issue and study it in depth until a vote begins. I've seen this happen time and again. I've done it myself, most recently with the current Spirit vote. It's human nature. We all have busy lives and there's really no need to study an issue for more than 2 weeks.

I oppose stifling discussion during voting, when TB members might have questions to ask the members. I don't see a problem with the current system, but I do see one with the proposed quiet period.
My "hang up" (for lack of a better term ) is related to the recently passed "reporting the TB votes in real time" motion (which I voted against) as imho, that defeats the argument of having discussion after the results have been announced (or in other words, why continue to have a discussion where it doesn't matter)