FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long for an uncleared regional upgrade cert to return?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:34 am
UA-NYC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pdx1M
They seem to get stuck on the CO side. As a UA side guy they always popped back into my account, nearly instantaneously with the departure of the flight that failed. I have had 2 instances recently with trying to upgrade my brother on CO where I had to call the Pres Plat line to get the upgrades back. The good news was that the agent didn't seem to need to send me to the OPSC to do it. It's stuff like this that makes me shudder a bit at the CO IT systems. This kind of stuff should "just work".
Agreed - I just called CO reservations, they said it should pop back automatically. I mentioned that they have yet to do so anytime I've done an Integration Team upgrade - she recommended I call back Friday.

The bigger issue is that it feels like they don't have any visibility into requested upgrades once the flight has passed. I told her I had sponsored this flight last week, and it seemed to surprise her...not the first time I've had that reaction.