FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:25 am
thexfactor

Originally Posted by canyonleo
I went back and reread my post, and I'm thinking I meant to write something a little different (maybe I meant to ask the question)... that post was before my trip to there.

I will confirm that I was given an OW villa, and that I used the two Diamond suite Chase nights (as the two of nine nights before my 7-night Escape Pkg reward redemption) - but I never meant to imply that I discussed the topic with Hyatt or property management... I have no confirmation that this is a rule/policy/likelihood - only that it is what happened for me (data point of one).

I suggest calling the property ahead of your trip and making a personal request, if it's what one wants.
Thanks.

As suggested, I emailed the GM there and there is no "auto-upgrade" to an OWB when using the Diamond suite nights. He said they can be upgraded depending on their capacity at the time. We'd want to go in early May, though, and he said that that is indeed their busy time

Time to contemplate dusting off the ol' wallet...