FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex]
Old Feb 12, 2012, 8:49 pm
AUDirt

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ethanwa
I just booked a hotel using 20,000 points for $400 reward using Google Chrome browser. Worked perfect the first time. Immediately logged into my account and 20,000 points were gone as expected. The $400 was posted to my account within a day or two.

I can ALWAYS make the redemption selection appear on Google Chrome but never on Safari on my Mac anymore.

I think the issue also seems to be with flights only. I booked a flight last month and still don't have my redemption for that. I might just say "screw it" and use my rewards for a hotel I need coming up in SF in June instead.

Here is the quote from the email they sent out a few weeks ago:
My father-in-law was told by a phone rep that they had quit doing flight redemptions. Personally I don't believe this, but I will be watching this with great interest.

I doubt Barclays is smart enough to have a rep monitor this thread, but if so, here is a message to them:

If you get rid of flight redemptions my $100k annual spend will be gone. It's that simple. If I wanted a card that could only be used on hotels, I'd get a hotel-specific card.