FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Taking prescription medication to Middle East
Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:13 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by SteveF
This is not correct. Codeine is present in Co-codamol and since the UAE has a zero tolerance of the drug it does not matter how low the percentage; just the word on the packet is enough to start alarm bells ringing. I lived in the ME for 12 years and would not risk taking it there or anywhere else with similar views.
Yes but I wasn't making a statement that it was OK, simply posing a question given Co-codamol is available over the counter in the UK

Originally Posted by SteveF
Oh and I do take the stuff and am not so sure that it is available over the counter in the UK.

Edit: you are correct that there are some low level versions of Co-codamol that are available without prescription, but I still wouldn't take them into the UAE; even Paracetamol Plus, which I believe used to contain a low level of codeine, was illegal in the UAE when I lived there
It certainly is available over the counter in the UK as have personally bought it. The pharmacist did ask me lots of questions though before she sold it.