FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX-EWR upgrade changes using CR1?
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2012, 1:10 am
Hungry Dingo

Originally Posted by chrisinacton
Has anyone recently upgraded on the LAX-EWR route on a 757-200 recently (flatbed seats) using a CR1?

I'm looking at taking a trip to NYC in late April, and I'm contemplating whether to take the UA PS flight, which has more seats, or go on CO with the lie flat seats.

UA should be an easier upgrade, however I prefer the CO seats.
I was upgraded using my CR1 on 1/19 flying on a K fare. My name was first on the upgrade list throughout the whole process, and I attribute that to the CR1 since I'm just a plat. One seat was open until about 10 minutes before boarding, so I went up to the gate agent and asked about upgrading and she snapped that first was full. Didn't bother me since I had 7C, which has more than enough room for my petite butt. About 10 minutes after boarding, the same gate agent came on the plane and asked me my name, and gave me a boarding pass for 3A saying that I've been upgraded. First time I've been in the lie flat seats... usually I'm in a cramped regular first class seat. (was upgraded on the outbound through ORD on United metal, Flight 305, and I would have rather had my original exit row seat) But on Flight 41 I had a good 3 hour snooze to LA, and for me, it was pretty comfortable. Personally, if it's between a regular first class seat and an exit row seat, I'd take the exit row since having to climb over someone in first is just as bad as doing it in coach. And since I'm not that wide, I don't need the extra seat width. But if you get a chance to do the lie flat slat, it's pretty choice.