FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wait listed for upgrade EWR-HKG. Do I have a chance?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 5:27 pm
choporifico

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
If you don't mind my asking... How did you accumulate an obscene amount of CO miles if this is your first united/continental flight?

If you really have a lot of miles, there are standard awards available for 150,000 miles per person (one way) for your flight. Probably more than I would want to spend...
I think I went a little overboard when I said obscene, I'll change it to a decent amount lol. My partner and I signed up for the 50k cc bonus awhile back and we put a good chunk of last years business spend on the continental one pass card (to rack up some miles for a future trip to BKK and SIN)

Back in november we started planning a trip to HKG and TYO, and we really lucked out. For some strange reason we snagged the the coach fare for a whopping $1041 including taxes (still cant believe it to this day). Instead of spending the miles on the HKG/TYO trip we decided to save the miles for our future trip.

The upcoming flight is:

EWR-HKG
HKG-TYO
KIX-JFK