FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frustrated with very early boarding of flights
Old Feb 10, 2012, 5:18 am
bostonoski

Programs: AA since 1988 (ex-elite status); Alaska; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Davidjhonda
Had the same experience on Wednesday at SFO. The flight definitely boarded 10 minutes before te time on boarding pass. Next time, just means 10 minutes less at AC and 19 minutes more waiting on plane.
This is what frustrates me... I like to maximize my time in AC and minimize on plane. But usually intend to be at the gate when boarding begins.

However I have been caught out several times lately for two reasons, one that often (NOT always) they board early, before the time stated on the BP. Two, more importantly, I watch the monitors in AC and if it does NOT show "boarding" next to a flight, then I figure they have not started (no matter early or late), and recently this hasn't been the case.

Last time I left SFO I asked if they had started boarding, the AAngel checked and said no, but they were probably about to, so I left. When I got to the gate a minute or two later they were on Group 4.

I don't like standing around in the gate crowd when I can sit in the AC, and have no problem trying to guess if they'll start early but it hasn't been consistent. And the montitors don't always show when they do start.

I guess I agree with the OP.