FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:46 am
Hokies82

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), Marriott (Gold), United (Gold - MM), American (Platinum), National (Executive)
Since the rule change

Upgraded to a nice suite at the Charlottesville Hampton (while using a reward)^^

Upgraded to a gigantic 2 bedroom suite (larger than my first apartment!) at the Homewood in San Antonio. The desk noted that although they didn't have to participate but their management recognizes what it takes to be a Diamond.^^^

Then comes my recent stay at the Hilton GasLamp in SanDiego. When I arrived they stated that I was getting, points, Breakfast and yes an upgrade (Well that's their interpretation). I had booked a room with 2 queens - high floor. What I got (ugraded to?????) was a low floor but with a "French balcony". When I asked for something higher I was told they were sold out. When I got to the room I realized that the French balcony was a big window with a balcony railing that overlooked the dumpster . Just for chuckles I looked online and the reservation site still had lots of room options including suites (yes they were more than the $239/night I was paying but available). The Moral of my story is I know upgrades are optional but please don't lie about being full and don't give fictional accounts about my room being an upgraded.

All I ask is consistency within Hilton