FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post your experiences: got *G perks without crediting
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:09 am
Stratonaut

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, Hertz PC
W.r.t. lounge access, the *A Lounge Access Policy is quite clear. Quoting from http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/ :
Star Alliance Gold Customers Travelling in Any Class: Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned lounges with the Star Alliance Gold logo at the entrance.
  • Customer must present proof of Star Alliance Gold level status via a valid frequent flyer program Star Alliance Gold level card or other valid indication of Star Alliance Gold level status
  • Customer must also present a boarding pass for travel on a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport
I am not aware of any other (airline specific?) rules that contradict this policy. If you know of any it would be helpful if you could provide a reference.

My experience (across Europe and US) is that I never had any problems to access a lounge with the A3 Gold card while crediting miles to another programme. Just showed my card + boarding pass and they let me in without any discussion.

Last edited by Stratonaut; Feb 9, 2012 at 10:19 am