FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ewr-hnl pillows & blankets
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2012, 8:34 am
bob_the_d

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
To HNL, CO really has no competition for its BF seat. It doesn't need to provide the same level of amenities. If another airline was to offer a similar seat w/ better blanket and pillow, CO might respond, but until then, no. CO doesn't see pillows and blankets as a function of what one pays, but an added cost that they do not need to provide to stay competitive.
http://www.hawaiianair.com/Specialof...-pos1_20111115

it's going to be interesting to see how it plays out. it's not on an alliance but you can earn/use on DL skymiles. the F seats on hawaiian are not lie flat, but then again neither are CO's. pricing hasn't been announced yet, but most of hawaiian's F fares out of the east coast are low 2000's whereas CO's is above 3K. i've never flown it before, but i also hear the service on hawaiian is really good. if i was on skymiles this would be a no-brainer for me if i wanted to go to HI. with disgruntled UA elites looking for a new alliance, i would imagine if HI was a frequent route for me and i was already pondering DL, this would be another nail in the coffin. not to mention for kayakers flying in Y, this would be pretty tempting. i'm curious to see if UA will even bother to react to this.