FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Book now or after Feb 12
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:10 pm
ak333

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
I have personally oversaw and directed many major IT upgrades for many service industry companies that heavily relies on them, and the switch is always seamless and we never had to warn customers about them, never had to shut them down for service for a couple of days, and never warn customers about possible issues and they have to bring paper copies.

I try to avoid using strong words on CX because I love the company and their services so much. But CX IT has gone from unimpressive to downright incompetence in my opinion. I know CX doesn't have their own IT department and relies on outside help (so I was told here), but seriously, in the year 2012, this is the best any IT company in Hong Kong can offer?
On the other hand...

I've been involved in countless airline system switchovers from the airline end, and I can tell you that there has never been one that has gone smoothly. Period. Virgin America is still having issues from their switchover in October(!).

Expect the worst and hope for slightly better. I agree with the above, if you are traveling on switchover day, bring a hard copy of your e-ticket with you and and documentation showing seat assignments.