FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To Add Insult to Injury Due to The Conversion
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:55 pm
TheCount2

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TheCount2
I didn't try the transfer by telephone because I didn't know the offer was available. I have had no access to the Club Rewards site. I went to the Aeroplan website because I was starting to make reservations when November/December 2012 flights became available, and found an expired offer.

They told me it was because my card was cloned and used fraudulently, and they were having trouble with people who received new cards due to fraud. I tried many times to add the account with my new number but it always failed, until they fixed something today. They were neve specific aboout the problem, only that it could take a long time to resolve.

And I was mistaken about the value of 2,000 points, as it is worth $20 as a Tailored Travel credit.

And since I had a chance to look at my Rewards statement for the first time since the October statement, I found unexplained forfeitures in it, so I've had to get back in touch with my Executive Communications contact again, however this time I also copied the CEO and the head of Corporate cards as well.
So I received a letter from Steve Pedersen today (yes, snail mail) with the return address of Diners Club Complaints. He said that they had already done enough for me and that I should be satisfied with the 2,000 points they generously credited to my account. He also denied that there was ever any Diners Club to AC bonus, despite that fact that the expired program is easily discovered through a Google search.