FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Old Feb 6, 2012, 1:51 pm
Moorea

Originally Posted by crimson12
I know there are lots of people who apply for business credit cards as sole proprietors. This (as I understand it) basically treats your card application as if you were applying for a personal card: hard pull on your credit; application denied if you, personally (as opposed to the business itself) can't handle the additional credit; etc.

But let's say I have a bunch of side hobbies, etc., that have money coming in and out. It's perfectly appropriate to have a "sole proprietor" business card for that purpose. What if I created an LLC? In that case will the business app still pull my personal credit? Presumably the LLC will have an EIN that will stand in for my SSN, so why would it? (Maybe in that case the business may not get credit at all, if revenue is very small, and applying as a SP would allow me to impute my income to the company.)

In short the question is, will creating an LLC allow me to get rewards from business cards without the hard pull on my personal credit?

We tried this with Chase. We have 4 very legitmate businesses all with their own EIN but Chase still wanted SSN. Seemed like a good thought to us in theory, but no luck in execution.