FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ embargo on O?
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:29 am
brahms77

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
So it's a glitch that Lufthansa has for months (and continues to) release Airbus 380 first class award space within a week of departure when the cabins are wide open, especially on the Frankfurt to Tokyo route?
I don't think it's a glitch. LH seems to be releasing A380 F seats on the routes that seem to have less F traffic and given travel downfalls in Japan, it seems NRT route fits this scenario well. And of course, as lucky indicated, LH A380 F awards are readily available on both CO and NH tools especially 2 weeks before the flight on NRT-FRA-NRT route. I have even seen SIN-FRA being available in F 2-3 days prior to departure on CO tool (cannot confirm with ANA tool since they only allow 7 days before departure searches). Heck, on CO tool, JFK-FRA-JFK is available on SQ's 388 in business 2-3 days prior to departure. But then again, I've seen some discrepancies between CO and ANA tools' LH F availability (as well as OZ and few other airlines) so whether these awards are truly bookable will only be reveals once ticketed and/or by calling CO.