FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Istanbul Tourism - Ritz, Hyatts or Interconti
Old Feb 5, 2012, 2:28 pm
begemot

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Global, Miles and More SEN,
Originally Posted by mecabq
The Hyatt is a lot more calm, mature, luxurious feel, where the W has the dark colors and "hip" (i.e., aloof) attitude with poor follow-up habits in which the brand apparently specializes. So it depends what you're looking for. You will find many reviews of the W on the Starwood forum, and find opinion quite mixed, like with all W's.
Thanks again, sounds like Hyatt is for me. I also think Ws are a little too hip.

Originally Posted by slawecki
have you been to istanbul before? will you be returning? if you want to go to istambul, why would you stay in a large western lux hotel far away from istanbul?
i've been to Istabul only on a day trip. This time we'll go for a 3 day weekend. While I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of sites, I don't see the trip as an immersion into Turkey, more of a quick city break. On something like that, I prefer coming back at night to a "guaranteed" nice comfy everything working ok room. Also, free Internet, breakfast, suite upgrade,mand more nights and points.

Bege