FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Annoyed Do You (or I) Have To Be
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2012, 8:40 am
jspira

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Mike Rivers
It's in progress. Another example of things we use all the time with controls that are sometimes unrelated to what they control are kitchen stoves. Think about it - four burners at the corners of a square and the four knobs in a vertical line along one edge. But we digress. .
Personally, I would not buy a stove with controls like that. Personal purchases get extensive UI review before they are made.

Of course Iīve just discovered something that makes for a poor UI in a hotel room - sharp edges. Typically a guest is only in a room for a very short while. Having furniture (such as a platform bed) that sticks out a bit and has sharp corners (same thing goes for bedside tables) is poor design in a hotel room. In oneīs bedroom, one would get used to the layout and simply avoid the hazards.

Originally Posted by Mike Rivers
I like your success story. I guess they always save a "last available room in the hotel" for the guest who complains enough.
My fatherīs hotel joke (probably attributable to someone else):
- Are there any rooms available?
Clerk: Sorry, we are full.
- Well if President <fill in blank from Nixon to Carter to Reagan etc.) were coming, would you have a room for him?
Clerk: Yes of course.
- Well, he's not coming so I'll take his room.