FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Strategy for KE award flights using DL miles
Old Feb 4, 2012, 3:55 pm
mtkeller

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by CatJo
So I found O class availability on EF for SFO-ICN outbound 7/1 and returning 7/12, but two DL agents said there was nothing available for SkyMiles members; how does one redeem award tickets or find availability for SkyMiles redemption? I thought O class was all one needed, and could then redeem at the low level similar to AF/KLM?
1 July is clearly a blackout date, so that's probably part of the problem.

Originally Posted by JustinMSP
Sadly for me, EF is not accurate at all. I asked for about 6 flights that were shown to have O (Prestige Class) on KE (LAX-ICN-SGN, BKK-ICN, ICN-SFO) for mid-March to early April. DL SM said none of them is available. My guess is that DL limits KE awards to its own members.
Mid-March to early April should be outside the blackout dates. I would trust what the EF and KVS reps have said in that these should be available to partners. Did you try calling another agent? Did you make sure the agent was looking for O class and not D class (the previous award booking class)?

Originally Posted by tentseller
At what redemption level are these KE tickets that you have discovered?

DL only give you redemption on KE if it is the available ticket is at low level.
The O bucket means low level.