Old Feb 4, 12, 11:37 am
harryhood

Programs: UA GS
So let me pose this to you:

I have a well worn, tried and true Travelpro carryon. Bought it 7 years ago, has travelled the world. It was billed by Travelpro as fitting the carryon sizing at the time. It fits exactly in the overhead, wheels in, on all normal aircraft (the exception being the older 767's which have those terrible bins). It just barely does *not* fit into the carry-on sizer, even though it has never not fit wheels-in in a non-767 overhead.

I have a small, thin personal shoulder bag just big enough to fit a laptop and charger and iPad/iPhone plus their chargers, and nothing else.

I carry-on exclusively on every business flight, save super long endurance=testing ones (e.g., a flight last year REP-ICN-NRT-SEA-DEN) when I know I won't want to drag it through the airports. This is true whether in coach or not. I have never been stopped and asked to check the bag, although on occasion when they have asked on full flights for "volunteered" bags to be checked at the gate, and I am homeward bound, I will usually do it.

Do you view me with the same contempt?