FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need Suggestions For Crossbody Purse & Passport Wallet
Old Feb 4, 2012, 9:43 am
MissJoeyDFW

I went back to Bergman Luggage, dang them for being so close to my hotel in Seattle. I ended up leaving with a gorgeous Knomo Genova rolling laptop bag. I also have their Silvi matching bag on order. Which still leaves me still looking for the crossbody for travel and passport wallet. I do have some some great bags I am considering for the crossbody though! I decided to go with a medium size so I am agonizing over these choices.

Baggallini Hobo I have some Baggallini products and love them!

Pacsafe Toursafe I like the concept of the Pacsafe

Pacsafe Citysafe

Baggallini Big Sydney

When you factor weight of the bag in they are all pretty even, they all weigh between 1.2 pounds and 1.4 pounds.

Decisions, decisions! I have seen them all and tried them all on at the store, I just haven't decided yet. They all have their pros and cons. I read reviews on them and they are ALL highly rated. I did find something interesting in the reviews though, a lot of women re-work the bags. They have sewing skills and they add additional mesh to make an outer pocket larger, they don't like two small pockets so they carefully remove the stitching to create one large pocket, they add additional pockets, they put velcro on a large outer pocket to make it stay closed. One woman took the City Safe completely apart and re-worked into her perfect bag. It makes me look at the bags a little differently instead of going oh I wish it had this, or it didn't have this. Of course any modifications I would need I would have to take to a tailor. I am going to take my Vera Bradley Get Carried Away tote to a tailor and have one of the outer pockets turned into a zippered sleeve.

Which brings me to a passport wallet. I am finding that slimline passport wallets are very difficult to find! I am still looking, I have been looking all over and nothing yet.

Last edited by MissJoeyDFW; Feb 4, 2012 at 9:53 am