FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - headache with hair in a ponytail?
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:26 pm
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Take it out of the pony tail. Or loosen the pony tail. I occasionally get a mild ache when my hair is in a pony tail, & those 2 things usually work for me. Usually the loosening one if I still want to keep it in a pony tail/out of the way. Just me, but the idea of taking Advil, etc, for a headache caused by pulling my hair back seems to be solving the symptom & not the problem. Good luck!

Cheers.
It probably is solving the symptom. My hair can be pretty unruly with static some days if not pulled back somehow.
Originally Posted by fortunecooki
I'm thinking that if your hair is very long and very thick, it may also be fairly heavy and causing some strain on your neck that could manifest as a headache. If you're not willing to cut it a lot shorter, maybe just consider having some layers cut so its not so dense overall.
I'm probably going to cut it once it's long enough for Locks of Love. I would guess I'm almost there.
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I had very long thick hair for years and it caused me headaches anyway I wore it, but a pony tail made it worse. The lower the pony tail the less strain I found. A not-too-tight french braid is good too, pretty much anything that brings the weight down lower on your head is better.
Thanks! I'll try that.