FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2012, 7:18 am
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by N702ML
1. Pacific Northern operated the Boeing 720 and the airline was acquired by Western Airlines.

2. Two airlines that operated jets to Chico were Hughes Airwest and Pacific Express.

5. Okay, I am thinking this is today's Laughlin/Bullhead International Airport. I may be wrong. But if BHC is today's IFP... I will say Reno Air.

8. Reeve Aleutian?

9. Delta on the DC-9?
2) Correct! Hughes Airwest operated DC-9s and Pacific Express operated the BAC One-Eleven. Pacific Express also had their corporate headquarters located in Chico.

5) The airport in question is (was?) BHC on the Arizona side of the Colorado River and the air carrier was Sun Country operating B737-800 aircraft.

8) Alaska Airlines with a B727-100. The service is currently operated these days by an AS B737-400 (which may be the Combi version, I think) on a classic milk run route between SEA and ANC. YAK has no road connections to the outside world as do several other destinations on this route.

9) Correct! DL operated a DC-9-30 on this milk run route.