FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Reward Card for Spring Break in Mexico?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:02 am
lin821

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Post Credit History Matters!

Originally Posted by javacodeguy
At this point, you won't be able to get the miles from any bonus in time to redeem for any travel in March. It takes almost a week from when you apply to get the card. Then even if you hit the minimum spends instantly and get the bonus on your first statement it'll be late February or early March before you get them. No miles/points card has $0 spend so it'll be at least a couple days before you hit the spend limit.
+1. Don't count your eggs before they are hatched. :-:

And remember, plan way ahead after they are hatched (meaning maybe a reward trip for spring break in 2013).

Originally Posted by Miles Meyers
So I am gearing up for a round of churning in the next week or two, and now that I am in the miles game I thought it would be cool to finally have a stereotypical party spring break
(underline mine)

Don't you mean you will be in the miles game?

You didn't say but I read between the lines that you are still in college. What's your credit score? For anyone college students, the first thing they should take into account when applying credit cards is their credit worthiness and credit scores. Without high enough a credit rating/score, you probably won't be able to get any credit card with decent reward.

If that's the case, I would advise you to work on building your credit history. For that, you should visit some sites that focus more on finance and credit. The following one will be a good starter:

http://creditboards.com/forums/

Good luck!