FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ No.2 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: Aegean *Gold Card Crash-Course
Old Feb 1, 2012, 1:23 am
bevoinva

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by arahlen
Well, it seems from your example that the expiry date is set to 12 months after the last credited flight on the previous tier (22/5), and not the upgrade date (26/5). The T&C says "...first miles-accruing flight on the previous tier " in regards of how to count the 16k miles.
Thanks for the example, this gives another path to gold, and I will update my post with this info!
In my son's case, because he didn't come in right at the 4000 miles (he went over by 1194), the flight that got him to Blue was also his first miles accruing flight on the previous (Blue) tier.

I'm not sure what would happen if someone were to hit 4000 miles exactly to obtain Blue status and then wait some period of time before they took another flight. I would guess that the 12 month period to qualify for Gold would start from when the next flight was taken (as long as they still had Blue status when they took the next flight) but who knows?

Might be awhile before we get all of the scenarios figured out since the program is still relatively new!