FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2012, 6:56 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
jlemon, you're right on with your answers to my questions. And of course Wally Bird as well. Now I have a couple of questions/comments on yours...

4) What airline provided service into Marin County, CA (JMC) and what equipment did they use?

Didn't New York Airways use the S-61 as well? I remember Pan Am also used to operate a helicopter service off the roof of the Pan Am building. I don't think they used S-61s though...

10) What airline operated DC-8 Super 60 series aircraft nonstop between New York and St. Maarten/St. Martin (SXM) in the Caribbean?

Were these flights operated as ALM some days of the week? And if so, were there ever any DC-8s painted up in ALM livery? (Basically KLM livery with ALM titles if it happened)

11) What airline operated B707 service nonstop between San Antonio (SAT) and Mexico City (MEX)?

I was gonna say Braniff. Did Braniff ever operate the SAT-MEX route with 707/720 equipment?

12) What airline operated jet service into Santa Fe, New Mexico (SAF) in the 70's and what was the aircraft type?

Just curious, did TTA ever offer First Class service? In a trip report written in Airliners International magazine back in 1974, David P. Morgan (The editor and also longtime editor of Trains magazine and also the man who inspired me to write trip reports) reported that he flew in First Class aboard a TTA DC-9. I've never seen F offered on TTA or Texas International in any of my old schedules.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Jan 31, 2012 at 7:02 pm