FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AVIS: 9.000 CC Goldpoints for 3-Day-Rental until 31 Oct 2012
Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:19 pm
Ambraciot

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I just did read the three links you gave, and in none of them can I find a mention of anything about this promo working in 2012.

Please point more specifically to which exact post in those threads mentions it.

Furthermore, are you even sure it got extended, or could it instead have been repeated?
This post from early January 2012 directly addressed the issue.

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
Thank you and bostonbali for bumping the thread, the links I originally posted now link to an updated offer that hasn't expired like the original versions.

I've used the 9,000 point version twice, the points posted 3-4 weeks later, but the postings were backdated to the day the rental began. As others posted if you are charged for 3 days (with the linked BCD) you get the 9,000 points even if you only rent for 50 hours.

I doubt you can change the BCD on return, but I've never tried.
Originally Posted by sdsearch
(But is there no 2 day Avis version with 5000ish points, or have we just not found it yet?)
We do not currently have a valid link to a 2 day Avis version. Furthermore the only 2 day Avis version we had was for 5,000 points vs 5,500 with Budget.