FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2012, 5:24 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
1.) What airline operated jet service between Grand Junction, Colorado and Las Vegas, Nevada back in the 1970s?
What airline currently offers jet service on that route?

Frontier does fly into GJT, but not from LAS. The original airline flew the route first with a DC-6, then upgraded to a 727-100, then dropped the route. I'll leave this out there for a bit longer...

4.) What U.S. airline was the first to operate a jet built by European manufacturer Airbus?

Not a trick question - Wally and Cattle are both correct. It was Eastern with the A300B.

5.) What U.S. airline has operated both the BAC-111 and the BAe-146?

Air Wisconsin is the one!

6.) What airline, based in a major east coast city, used to offer scheduled service with a fleet of Fokker F28-4000s and McDonnell Douglas DC9-30s?

Altair is correct.

7.) Name two Florida based airlines that operated scheduled service with BAC-111s

Florida Express and Braniff II.

Well, Florida Express was one, but I'm not so sure Braniff II was ever based out of Florida. If I remember correctly, it was originally owned by a corporation (Dalford Corporation?) based out of Nevada. BNII did buy Florida Express and thus acquire the 111s, but again, I don't think they were ever Florida based. So, from where I sit, Florida Express was one, and Atlantic Gulf was the other. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I take no offense as it's all enhanced knowledge. And fun.

8.) Back in 1975, I flew SLC-PDX-RDM-LMF-SMF-SFO-MRY-LAX in a jet, all on the same flight number. What airline was it?

PSA? Nope. I'll leave this one out there awhile longer...