FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Extra Le Club points via Facebook Places
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:32 am
TheShis

Originally Posted by SouthWesterner
Yes. You need to link the A|Club Facebook application to your A|Club account by punching the number into the Facebook app. The check-ins are then made using the mobile Facebook app - you just post a location-based status update to say that you're at a particular Accor hotel.

I'm not sure if it would also work if you just updated your location using the normal web interface, as all that the A|Club places app seems to do is recognise when your status changes to show that you're at an Accor hotel. Updating my location using the mobile app, I've found that it takes around a half hour to propagate into the A|Club app.

I tried it at two different UK Novotels over the weekend (Wolverhampton and Manchester West). Both check-ins showed up in the A|Club app but are still showing as awaiting approval - it apparently takes ten days for your stay to get approved. I've got some stays in Dusseldorf and Paris coming up over the next couple of weeks, so I'll have to see how well the app works for Accor's European continental hotels.
Thanks. I hope this works out for you.
The thing is, that sometimes there are multiple listings to Accor properties when using check-in. Let's see if this works.
Thanks again! ))