Old Jan 30, 12, 2:52 am
intuition
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Eurobonus silver (!), Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD
Originally Posted by sipples View Post
I thought the initial 1,000 tier miles expire (as tier miles) 12 months after program enrollment.
I don't have the authoritative answer on it (only a blue member with less than 4k points/year can tell how it works) but 2 things in the T&C leads me to this conclusion:

How to determine the dates for which tier miles to count for status upgrade:
Basic Members, who have accumulated at least 4,000 Tier Miles within twelve consecutive (12) months from the date of their first valid flight that registered miles, will receive the plastic BLUE Card.
The clock starts ticking on first flight, not on enrollment date. So enrollment bonus should not expire before first flight expires.

How to determine when the account will get deleted:
...To this end, the Account shall continue to exist until zero Miles exist, except for the initial Welcome Miles (1.000 Bonus Award & Tier Miles, granted upon the online registration).
By this it seems enrollment bonus do not expire like flight activities, but gets deleted only when the account gets deleted (after all flight activity have expired).