FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Happened on CX252 today?
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:06 am
cathay251

Programs: Cathay MPC Silver; SPG
Originally Posted by garykung
Originally Posted by JClasstraveller

CX has only bought 3 pax 744's from SQ 2nd hand. The others are new builds (with RR engines) from Boeing. It should be noted that a couple of the SQ birds are younger than the oldest of CX's RR 744's (though I am unsure as to cycles).
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
What makes you think that?

Um, no. See accurate comment upthread from Classtraveller. It's easy to tell by looking at them. Nearly all CX pax 744s have completely closed engine covers (remind me of hair dryers, not unlike the engines on 343s). These are RR engines, and are original CX aircraft. The ones from SQ have open covers for bypass, they look very different. These are P&W engines, IIRC.
My bad...in the data...

(I checked with Wikipedia and Boeing - the actual number is 4.)

As far as CX being cheap, you have documented your personal hatred of CX numerous times in other threads. It's worth nothing that the entirety of your CX lifetime experience is two flights within the past six months, ORD-HKG and HKG-ORD, as you have indicated in other threads here.
Let's just say that it is your "excuse" in framing me on something like this out of nowhere.

My hatred against CX is one matter. They have maintenance issue is another matter.

And personally, if my goal is too smear CX, I can simply create a story out of nowhere to do so. But in fact, my involvement to those incidents (or CX Bad News) is commenting on them. So do you really think my hatred affect CX or CX should look at where they stand now?

Remember - my word is worthless - unless they are really the true. And seriously, do you work for OW or CX?

True, it's not the only recent incident. However, it's not at all clear to me that this is the result of lax maintenance or any type of maintenance failure.
1. Swire owns HAECO.

2. HAECO does aircraft maintenance for CX.

3. It is not news that HAECO is pissed because of Swire's treatment.

4. If there is any major issues with 744s, Boeing/FAA/JAA will advise airlines for attention. But so far, there is none.

So if it is not Boeing, not RR/PW, then who else do you think should be responsible?

Ah yes, your numerous/ smear of cx is absolutely worthless, I am for sure will keep flying cx and their routes that operates by their 744. I am sure millions others will continue to do so.

Creating story? Not sure if that's really wise.

And any evidence of that to pt 3? It's not made up, I hope