FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE 29 APR 2015: Special ticketing procedure: award tickets from Manila / MNL / Phil
Old Jan 28, 2012, 1:00 pm
oneworld82
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
You have two options: do what the first post says, or use a travel agency in the Philippines to act in your behalf. If you do not have a usable agency there, you must use the fax etc. option.
Hi there people,

after having bothered everyone I could share my story - it seems that there are many twists to how to get a ticket originating from the Philippines.

So, after I put my reservation on hold, I called to confirm it and at first the AAgent confirmed my booking. After a couple of hours, I received an email which asked me to call AA about this reservation. So I called. The operator I spoke with told me that I should call AA agent in Manila (AirSources) to have the ticket issued by them.

I was ready to do it and I tried to call them, but it turned out that the phone number AA gave me was not working. So I called back again, and this time another operator picked up, telling me that I had to be physically present in the Philippines to have the ticket issued. I called again and another agent told me exactly the same thing - not even offering me the chance to work through the Manila AA office from abroad!

I hence called another time, finally finding a AAngel who was very helpful. She put me on hold to ask for advice to 2 supervisors, and she told me that this is what they would do:

1. pull out the miles from my account;
2. queue my reservation for ticketing;
3. detail all the matters to the agent in Manila;
4. asked me to go to the Manila office ONCE in the Philippines.

I asked her if it would not be a problem that I would be there only in late June (my flight was for mid-July), and she said that her supervisors assured her it would be fine.

I thanked her and I was feeling good.

After 1 hour, though, she called me back. This AAngel (Cheryl, if I remember correctly), told me that she was feeling uncmfortable about having me going to the Philippines without the ticket issued, and found out that I already had an award reservation ex-USA to Singapore for June 1st. What she suggested to do was to reinstate my miles, and add this other segment to the already-existing reservation - so that the whole itinerary looked like originated in the USA. I happily agreed and a few hours later:

1. The 29.xx usd in fees were taken from my cc;
2. the 35k miles were reinstated AND retaken from my account;
3. the new ticket (same PNR as the old one) was issued, with the new leg added.

All in all, I spend almost one afternoon working on this but I got my ticket!

Thanks to everyone on this forum who helped me! I hope my post can be helpful as well!