FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - per UA Insider: 3MM = 6 GPUs + 2 RPUs @ start of 2015; 2MM = 2 RPUs @ start of 2015*
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:05 am
joshwex90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi SFO_FT, just to confirm, the information that was shared back in September is correct. Specifically, 3 Million Milers will receive 6 GPUs at the beginning of each year unless they were already earned by reaching the 100K PQM threshold. Similarly, 2 Million Miles will receive 3 RPUs each year, unless already earned by reaching the 75K PQM threshold. (I should add the disclaimer that when I say each year, this could change in future years.)

As can happen at times, this is one area where we answered the direct question here on FlyerTalk which included details that have not yet been explicitly called out in reference materials used by my front line colleagues. Understandably, this is not optimal. We try to do a very good job of coordinating to make sure everyone has the same information. But, given the extraordinary number of policy, process and program changes that are taking place, these specific benefits have not yet been a focused area of concentration. We are taking steps to make sure this information is clear and available and apologize for any confusion.

Separately, we're definitely committed to paying close attention to the conversations here on FlyerTalk. If we do share information here that is not correct, we’ll always quickly respond with an update. To be safe, I should probably add another disclaimer. Once a post becomes too old (say 18 months or so) we’d likely not update it. So, if you run across anything we’ve posted from years back, it’s always good to revive it to see if anything has changed.

As always, thank you for the feedback!

Shannon
Thanks for the confirmation. Just wondering, that's 2 or 3 anual RPUs?

That's quite annoying for that to be a disclaimer, because then anything can be "annual until further change." What's stopping people who bought lifetime PC membership from it being "you have lifetime membership, but that could change in a few years."