View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 12, 6:51 am
Global_Hi_Flyer

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
I've seen all the things you list, really not uncommon. The one that peeves me is where the bed is made up wrong (short-sheeted on the bottom sheet) - I'm tall and my feet end up feeling the end of the sheet and the mattress. I've even had that happen at a couple of higher-end, full service hotels. More than once, I've made housekeeping (or the manager if it's late enough) come remake the bed.

Things where I have requested a room change: heavy smoke smell in the room either from previous occupant or smoke seeping through the ventilation system; windows that didn't seal properly leaving a very drafty room and whistle as the wind blew; badly torn carpet; room not made up; stained bed linens (one time diesel smell that permeated the room, another it looked like blood); school group in hotel for a couple of days on my floor/adjacent rooms; major defect (broken furniture, door, bathroom, etc). In one case, I had the hotel move my parents when the room heater didn't work in their room, and I moved in another where the heater/AC made loud clanging sounds.

I've had issues in hotels from low end to high end. Fortunately, they don't happen very often at all & the hotel management is usually very responsive.