FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Madrid Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:48 am
kyushuman

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
There are also some buses that go down the main road in front of the IC that I preferred to take; then you can see the outside world on the way to the city center (maybe 15 minutes?). Most buses also have free WiFi! I forgot how to pay for buses, whether it's cash or tickets-- just ask the concierge.
It's nice also because down the same road on the bus is an amazing museum, the Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza. From there it's not far to the main shopping street in the city center, also the big square which is full of people on weekends, even in chilly weather.
I was in what is probably a Junior Suite, a large-ish room facing the inner courtyard. I'd booked either the cheapest or 2nd cheapest room, then was UG to this room with Club access. Really nice stay. Excellent Club Lounge! Ambassador services booked me mistakenly as 2 paid nights (in their system at least--my confirmation showed BOGO), and the lounge agent checking me in had to make several phone calls, so I'm not sure I would have gotten Club access if they had me down as using a BOGO, but it worked out for me.