FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gaithersburg Marriott at the Washingtonian Center?
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:14 pm
AATrout

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
I've stayed in all three properties.

The Marriott is what was known as a "compact" design - fairly limited meeting room and ballroom space, and a single restaurant (I think it's now called the American Grille). Rooms are pretty good and it's the shortest walk to at least six or seven restaurants, 12 or more theatres, a Galyans sporting goods, a bookstore, a Kohls, and lots of other shopping in Rio and the Washingtonian Center.

Next closest is the Residence Inn, which has that friendly RI feel, heavy snack food in the evening, BBQs on Wednesdays or Thursdays I think, and a decent breakfast.

The SpringHill Suites is the most actual hotel room for the money, but is the farthest walk from the shopping (an extra two blocks by my estimate). I don't mind the exercise, and a room here is usually $20-40 less a night than rooms at the MHRS or RI properties. It has a lighter free breakfast than the RI has.

------------------
Brian/\/\

This is some good info. The low conference footprint means you won't have to deal with -or have stay rates like - paid conference and other players as in some of the other DC area properties. Like those near me in Crystal City in Arlington. I stayed in this property a few times before relocating to NVA. The location just off 270 is easy to navigate - much easier than inside the Beltway for a first trip.

edit: I forgot - there are some pretty good restaurants in the area around the hotel, too.