FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:10 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Skimanant
How is it a devaluation for gold? Don't see that, you are not losing anything.

Diamonds should get preference. Full stop. Why? I stay on average 60- 70 nights a year (I know some stay more), and sometimes I have wondered what I get extra to the gold who has stayed 16-20 nights- if it has been earnt.
I have been in the check in queue where the gold in front of me was upgraded and due to a "weak" member of staff I wasn't. But, I have also got some nice upgrades.
It is space available still, we must remember that and if a hotel can sell the room it will.
If golds think it is bad, requalify as a diamond next year. Thats the way it should be, its a reward for loyalty.
I think this is a nice idea, well done Hilton, lets look at positives instead of trying to find everything that might go wrong. I have had some fantastic stays with the brand, and I continue to be a big fan.
^ I also don't understand how this is a downgrade to golds. If anything this cold mean more upgrades will occur for them on exec level rooms if diamonds are getting suites they didn't get in the past, leaving the exec level rooms they would have received open for golds to get upgraded into.

A diamond staying at a Hilton should get upgraded before a gold. I am only Platnium on Delta and certainly don't expect to get upgraded on a flight before a diamond level does.