FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post-cruise hotel suggestion in Barcelona (October)
Old Jan 24, 2012, 9:39 am
TMOliver

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Originally Posted by Guercifgal
Thanks, TM Oliver. After much deliberation, we're going with the Hotel Murmuri which is in the Gothic Quarter. We got a great rate of 209/euros which includes breakfast and a walking tour of the Gothic Quarter.

We always do the hop-on, hop-off bus when we're going to be in a city for a short time. There are two lines in Barcelona and it's well worth it to do both if you can.
I cut my shore-going teeth in the Barrio Gotico back in 1963, and enjoyed my latest time there 2 years ago. As much as I like the varied sights and sounds of greater Barc, I suspect I could spend a week within the walking area encompassed by it and a couple of blocks on the other side of the Ramblas (inc. a half day with Picasso). I'm sure that Los Caracoles remains all too touristic, a bit over-priced and with no pretense of fine dining, but to lunch in same restaurant almost exactly 47 years after my first lunch there was a warm and comfortable bit of deja vu. While there, I unlimbered my cell pnone and called an old Navy friend in the US to remind him of our long ago luncheon. This time around, I drank less red wine.