FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Istanbul Tourism - Ritz, Hyatts or Interconti
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:52 am
mecabq

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I have stayed at all four and would unequivocally choose the Park Hyatt. The other three are very good hotels and are basically interchangeable.

They Park Hyatt is far nicer and in a much better location in my opinion. Taksim is a good tourist area, but, once you have a feel for the city, Macka is a lovely neighborhood in which to be based, closer to the Bosphorous but less accessible for public transportation. There are a lot of very positive reviews of the hotel here, especially the spa rooms, which feature probably the best bathrooms that I have ever seen in a city hotel.

Among the other three, if you want to be in the Taksim area (about a half-hour walk from the Park Hyatt, or a ride in a cable car across the park to reduce that), I would choose the Grand Hyatt. The R-C is probably slightly more luxurious than the other two, through it's a sub-par Ritz overall in my opinion (there are also many reviews here) and the location is slightly less good (a few-minute walk up a hill to the other two). It does have an indoor pool, compared with outdoor at the other two properties (not sure about the Park Hyatt), so if you were going in summer the difference would be more pronounced.

The Grand Hyatt and InterCon are right across the street from each other just off of Taksim square. The GHyatt is a bit newer and nicer building; the more luxurious (though perhaps smaller) guest rooms and public areas, including a better bar, are why I would choose it among these three options. I found the service equivalent at the two places, too, though the breakfast and club lounge are better at the IC and food overall at the Grand Hyatt is not great. (The Park Hyatt service was average for me, and food and beverage selections narrow, but of course more elegant.)

But, these all amount to small differences between the other three properties.

Last edited by mecabq; Jan 24, 2012 at 1:01 am