FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Passed: Non-counting of Posts in a Games Forum
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:16 am
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by matthandy
I've made my views on this known in other threads, but I'll do so again. Games posts should definitely not count.

I am proud of my contribution to FT and although my post count is low, my posts are long and full of lots of info (trip reports). How can my contribution and that of almost all posting members of FT be measured equally as those that just post a single digit number repeatedly and add absolutely nothing to the community in the process?
They can't just post a "single digit number repeatedly," as the software requires at least a 5 character post. There are other games that do not involve just that, but build community. For some, trip reports or posts that are long and full of lots of info can be as meaningless as you think the games threads are. Not everyone finds one forum on FT useful and containing lots of information. That's the beauty of it, in that we all are able to have our preferences and likes/dislikes.

Especially if the game threads are in a separate forum, why shouldn't they count? Someone could post exactly the same information in a lounge thread and have the post count.