FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CLOSED (for demolition) May 31 2022, Sheraton Cleveland Airport, OH [Master Thread]
Old Jan 21, 2012, 5:33 pm
fireworksboy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Anyone else with recent updates on this property? I haven't stayed there for years, since long before the renovations. I see that despite the reno the reviews are a mix. In the few times I've stayed there in 2003, 2004, and 2005 I always got upgraded to one of the tired and dated suites on the ground floor. Since the Cleveland area is lacking sorely in Starwood properties, I only have a choice between this and the Akron property... And the Akron property looks nice but is 30 miles away...
I've had about a half dozen stays over the last year and have always been put on the 8th or 9th floor - where the lounge is located. Pretty basic / poor offerings btw. I used to get one of the suites on the ground floor but haven't been put over there for a few years now. I wonder if they're even occupying them - I never see anyone coming from that hallway.

Overall, pretty middle of the road hotel at best. Rooms are basic airport fare - nothing special or pleasant but a decent use of points vs dollar. Location next to the airport makes it convenient.