FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow - Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2012, 1:18 pm
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AussiePeter

Someone who can stump up $400 per annum or however much it is these days must have a few spare pennies in his pocket, especially if he's London based with the exchange rate at the moment. Christ, we're not backpackers.

And it's not as though we'll run into the lounge and empty the whisky bottles. I just want some peace and quiet before I go to work/return from work. Or if we are flying for recreation, I would like my wife to be able to relax, rather than participate in a scrum - and T5 is a hellhole.
I would suggest that you get a priority pass card and take flights departing from Terminals 1,3 or 4 rather than rely on a lounge access card which is targetted at those flying on Qantas or purchase a business or 1st class ticket

Maybe Qantas will get access sorted at the T5 lounge or maybe BA will just confirm to QF that their agreement is for access to Terraces lounges and that they do not want to grant paid lounge membership rights to T5

Alternatively, do enough travel to attain OW Sapphire status and can use BA lounges anyway

I think Heathrow is a hole to travel to/from and try to avoid it whenever possible ( City and Gatwick are far nicer ) but the departures waiting area is pretty reasonable for an airport

Last edited by Dave Noble; Jan 21, 2012 at 1:39 pm