FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Orleans restaurants -- recent reviews and recommendations?
Old Jan 20, 12, 8:58 pm
swag
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
I'm going to go ahead and bump this. My Father and I are taking a train trip from Baltimore to New Orleans in May. We arrive N.O. at 7:30 PM on a Sunday and would like to have a nice (upscale is definitely alright) dinner before heading to our hotel (at MSY) and going home the next morning. Any recent suggestions? We won't have a car and will need to cab it from the Union Passenger Terminal to the restaurant and again to the MSY DT.
A fair number of New Orleans fine restaurants are closed Sundays. That's actually good for you, it should help narrow the impossible choice of just a single great meal in a city with so many great restaurants.

One thing to consider is that Amtrak arrivals into New Orleans aren't exactly clockwork, and while you may be on time, you may also be an hour or more late. Check the hours of your choice and make sure you have some leeway when choosing a reservation time.

Edit to add: most Sundays in May should be fairly quiet, but Sunday May 6 is the last day of Jazzfest, and the restaurants will be very crowded; if this is your date, book the reservation as soon as you can, probably 30-60 days in advance.

Last edited by swag; Jan 21, 12 at 7:46 am