FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Washington D.C. which hotel? 2007 onward [Master Thread]
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:24 am
treznor

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Boraxo
How does the Fairfax compare with the St. Regis? I normally stay at the latter, but I'm currently booked at the Fairfax for an upcoming stay as it is 4x cheaper with the PAYAGE rate. I've reviewed the property threads but just wondering if anyone has done a recent comparison. Sounds like a courtyard room is the way to go for those of us who value quiet above all else.
I've stayed at the Fairfax a handful of times but never at the St Regis, so don't have a direct comparison. Overall, the Fairfax is a good option. Its close to the Metro, but not so close to Dupont that you get a lot of noise in the area (at least that I've noticed). The rooms are fairly nice and the bar has good food and drink (much moreso than most hotel bars I've been to).

Its not the best example of a Luxury Collection hotel, though its certainly not a bad hotel by any means (its one of my two favorite Starwood hotels in DC, along with the Westin Georgetown). I don't think it quite stacks up to the other Luxury Collection hotels I've stayed at (US Grant in San Diego, Ballantyne in Charlotte, Grand Hotel in Florence, though that one has been turned into a St Regis now), but I like the hotel.