FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do the 4x bonus points work for Platinum bonuspointsmall purchases?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 9:27 am
Dreps

I must say that I find the bonuspointsmall site to be frustrating to use, compared with the Delta Skymilessshoping porta, for examplel. Because the bonus points for the "mall" shopping post at such varied times (up to 10 weeks after purchase) and often merged with other purchases, I think that it is very difficult to keep track of your points to ensure they are posting properly. (I always print out the order.)

In contrast, while the Skymilesshopping posting, no longer identifies the merchant, the miles post very quickly--usually by the time the item ships if not before. In addition, you receive the bonus points (miles) in addition to the points (miles) associated with the charge itself, which from my experience can be any charge card, reward points, gift card, etc.

I have discussed this with AMX Platinium representatives, and whilte they acknowledge the problem, there doesn't seem to be any move to improve the system. Given that the Platinum card is one AMX's premier cards, I really don't understand the situation.