FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Passed: Non-counting of Posts in a Games Forum
Old Jan 19, 2012, 7:16 am
Mary2e
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
No digging required. I was reading through that thread and saw your post and noticed you had changed your opinion back and forth a couple times. That's certainly your prerogative.

I come to FT to learn about Miles and Points and Travel. OMNI does not interest me.

After we've gone through the whole discussion and exercise of deciding that all posts are equal, it's pretty silly that the next vote is whether or not posts should be treated differently.

"All posts are equal, but some posts are more equal than others."
Under normal circumstances I would agree that all posts should count.. except we have a history of it being abused, which is why they stopped counting - and there's plenty of off-topic posts in the M&P forums, notably, some lounge threads, and the contests in community. You seem to consistently forget about those off-topic items, yet seem to have a real bee-in-your-bonnet about Omni, which is actually useful to this community when people have a question or need help.

But the big issue, for me here is the post padding counting games.. and I'll only say that those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.