FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Really good experiences on Aegean - Same for you?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 5:36 am
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Nikolaos
+1 Hope they start a TATL to New York soon!!
Under the current financial situation in Greece I highly doubt they can take on such long haul service. One must cross the border and fly TK for such inflight service.

Return inflight service was just as good as the inbound. Only issue I had was the rather disinterested -- though efficient -- service I received at check-in. Agent didn't really have much enthusiasm though did give me boarding pass with Fast Track security sticker and invitation card to the Onassis lounge without my having to ask. These appear to be standard STARGold benefits for both the A3 program and other STAR programs. Being new to ATH, I was a bit perplexed as to which boarding/gate area I had to go to as the agent informed me that the gate had not yet been assigned. My only hint was to look at the airport map to find the Onassis lounge (operated by Olympic Airways) and head in that direction. I did realize I would not be flying from the domestic or even EU areas, so pretty much assumed it would be from the international wing.

Both my flights were pretty empty so I had a whole row to myself. On the return I was in the row behind the curtained off C cabin, row 3. It seemed as if I had a bit more leg room over the earlier seat, so am curious if the first several rows of economy do have an extra couple of inches pitch? I was defaulted into the first row of economy when I went to OLCI based on my STARGold status, or so I assumed.